Avocado TacosBy: Hispanic Kitchen
Servings: 12 tacos
In just a few minutes, you can have a light, healthy and tasty lunch on the table with these tacos.
You won't miss the meat with these vegetarian tacos! This fresh, light recipe blends the creamy smoothness of avocado with the crunch of peppers and onions. Add the aroma of fresh cilantro and the pleasant kick of jalapeño, and you've got a simple yet flavorful lunch. It's easy to make, healthy and light... and if that's not enough avocado goodness for you, follow it up with avocado ice cream for dessert!
- For the Tacos
- 1 avocado ripe, peeled and seed removed
- 1 medium onion julienned
- 2 large green peppers julienned
- 2 large red peppers julienned
- 1 cup cilantro fresh and finely chopped
- 1-1/2 cups tomato salsa
- 12 flour tortillas store-bought or from scratch
- Nonstick cooking spray
- For the Fresh Tomato Salsa
- 1 cup tomatoes diced
- 1/3 cup onions diced
- 1/2 clove garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons cilantro chopped
- 1/3 teaspoon jalapeño pepper chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon lime juice
- For the fresh tomato salsa, mix all ingredients together and refrigerate in advance.
- Spray the skillet with cooking spray. Lightly sauté onion and green and red peppers. Cut avocado into 12 slices. Warm tortillas in oven and fill with peppers, onions, avocado slices and salsa. Fold tortillas and serve.
Appetizer Lunch Snack