Photo by Santiago Gomez de la Fuente
Taquitos de Atún (Tuna Tacos)By: Santiago Gomez de la Fuente
50 Pescatarian Easy
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Servings: 6 taquitos
These Taquitos de Atún are a surprising find, not only are they delicious but also super easy to prepare. You will be surprised by the flavor found in the tuna mix. The recipe uses a surprise secret ingredient!
Craving fish tacos but need a quick and easy fix? Give these Taquitos de Atún a try! This recipe uses simple store-bought ingredients and can be made in a short amount of time. If you have leftover tuna filling, we highly recommend putting it in the fridge and enjoying it as a tuna salad the following days.
- 3 cans white tuna drained
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 3/4 cup white onion chopped
- 2 serrano chiles
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- 1/4 cup Maggi sauce
- 1/4 cup worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 12 corn tortillas
- 6 toothpicks
- 4 cups vegetable oil or canola, for frying
- 2 avocados sliced
More like this
- Drain tuna and reserve.
- Bring a large skillet to medium heat, add 1 cup canola oil and fry vegetables for 3 minutes, add drained tuna and cook for 5 more minutes or until light color change.
- While in the heat add lemon juice, sauces, salt, and pepper remove, set aside and let cool.
- Slice the avocados and reserve inside the fridge.
- Using the same skillet, add more vegetable oil into low heat, roll the taquitos with about 2 servings of mix and place it in a line across the center of a tortilla and roll it up.
- Use a toothpick to keep it closed by inserting it at the edge of the tortilla and running it through the center. Continue this process until all of the tuna has been used.
- After they are all rolled up start frying them in the 350 degree oil. Fry a few at a time on both sides until golden brown, they will take about 2 minutes per side.
- Place on a plate and remove the toothpick.
- Top with avocado and enjoy!