Tacos de Carne Marinada (Sirloin Steak Tacos)
- 1½ pounds sirloin steak sliced thinly
- 2 garlic cloves smashed
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1½ tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon powdered ancho chile
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 tablespoon annatto powder
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 12 corn tortillas for tacos
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce finely chopped
- Mexican crema or sour cream
- 3 tomatoes chopped into cubes
- cilantro leaves chopped
- Add the seasonings to the meat, including the 2 tablespoons of oil. Mix well, cover with plastic wrap and allow to marinate in the refrigerator at least 2 to 3 hours; next day would be even better.
- Remove from the fridge and leave at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Heat a large skillet; pour the remaining oil and cook 3-4 minutes each side.
- In another pan, heat the tortillas.
- In each tortilla, place a bit of lettuce, a spoonful of meat, cream, tomato and cilantro. Serve and enjoy!