Spanish Scrambled Eggs with AsparagusBy: Jennifer Rice
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 6 minutes
Servings: 2 servings
These Spanish scrambled eggs and asparagus recipe is simply delicious and the results are always amazing. I tried these huevos revueltos con espárragos as an afternoon tapa and was hooked on its freshness and light flavors.
A perfect meal for breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner, light on calories yet loaded with flavors and completely satisfying. You can switch asparagus with veggies like broccoli, mushrooms or onions. If using mushrooms, drain them slightly before adding eggs.
Mixing some fresh finely-chopped chilies in this recipe is a perfect topper for those who love spice. Also, using room temperature eggs makes them whip to a greater volume, so leave the eggs out for 30 minutes before cracking.
One of the best ways to trim asparagus is to bend gently allowing it to break on it own. You can also use a peeler if you have really large asparagus to remove the thick outer layer.
Serve this with toast, a bed of lettuce or just on its own. You can pair this Huevos revueltos con espárragos recipe with some sliced avocado and a splash of lemon juice. This is a super easy recipe and as always you can add cheese to it, since everything tastes better with cheese!
A few more recipes for you to enjoy
Habichuelas con Huevo (Honduran-Style Green Beans with Eggs)
Spicy Pepita Cilantro Pesto Fish With Asparagus
- 4 Fresh eggs room temperature
- 10 Stalks asparagus trimmed and cut into bite size pieces.
- 2 tbs extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 Pinch 1 teaspoon Cayenne pepper or chipotle powder Can add more or less depending on taste buds
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 - 2 tablespoons Fresh coriander or parsley chopped
- 1 tablespoon milk or cream
More like this
- Heat the oil in a frying pan on medium heat
- Add the pieces of asparagus and a pinch of salt.
- While asparagus is cooking, beat the eggs milk/cream with the spices.
- Stirring the asparagus until tender (about 5-8 minutes)
- Once asparagus is tender pour the egg and spice mixture on top of the asparagus and stir.
- Continue stirring without stopping, making sure all the egg mixture gets cooked.
- Serve with coriander or parsley on top