Shrimp Ceviche Tostadas
- 1 pound medium or large raw shrimp peeled, deveined and chopped
- 1/2 red onion thinly sliced, half mooned
- 2 Roma tomatoes seeds removed and chopped
- 1 jalapeño seeds removed and chopped
- 1-2 garlic cloves finely diced
- 6 limes juiced
- 3 lemons juiced
- handful fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 8 tostada shells
- Avocado Guacamole Cream
- 2 avocados peeled and seeded
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1-2 jalapeños seeds removed, chopped
- 1 Roma tomato seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/4 cup mexican cream or sour cream
- salt to taste
Then these shrimp ceviche tostadas are for you…they are just excellent! Plain and simple! The thing about shrimp ceviche is, it’s not just delicious and refreshing but super easy to make. It’s just a dish that’s perfect anytime.
The succulent tender pieces of shrimp marinated in citrus juices and tossed with red onions, tomatoes, jalapeños, garlic and cilantro is an irresistible combination.
And if you make this dish the night before and allow all the flavors to infuse, you really have a no-fuss appetizer, lunch or light meal to easily put together the next day.
HOW TO MAKE SHRIMP CEVICHE TOSTADAS
Start with raw shrimp and let them soak in lime and lemon juice for an hour or two. The acidity from the limes and lemons “cooks” the shrimp to perfection. Then add the red onions, tomatoes, jalapeño, garlic and cilantro, stir all together and let it all marinate for another hour.
Prepare the avocado guacamole cream.
Spread a couple of tablespoons of avocado cream on tostadas.
Top with a few tablespoons of the shrimp ceviche and garnish with extra cilantro and lime wedges, and that’s it!