Roasted Butternut Squash Soup With Crispy Tortillas
- 1 large butternut squash cut in half
- 3-5 cloves garlic leave skins on
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspon fresh ground pepper more for garnish
- Crispy Tortillas
- 4 tortillas
- 1 olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder or chile ancho powder
- Garnish (optional)
- 1 large avocado diced
- 1 handful cilanto chopped finely
Who doesn't love soup in the fall and winter? The trick to this butternut squash soup is roasting the veggies first; it turns a great soup into an amazing soup.
This roasted butternut squash soup is honestly the tastiest i've ever tried. It's super creamy and bursting with flavors.
Try other kinds of squash or pumpkin in place of the butternut squash or throw in a roasted sweet potato for a bit more texture. I like adding a swirl of coconut cream when serving because it makes it even creamier!
Crispy tortillas are the perfect addition to this soup and spicing them up with a bit of chili pepper makes everything that much better. I used packaged tortillas but you can totally whip up a batch of these homemade tortillas while roasting the butternut squash.
If all else fails you can always serve this butternut soup with crusty bread or tortilla chips, and for the non-bread eaters, sprinkle some roasted pumpkin seeds on top.
The benefits of squash are insane, this super versatile vegetable is an amazing,
- Immune booster
- manage symptoms of diabetes
- Anti-inflammatory Capacity
- Helps reduce insomnia
low in calories