- 1 teaspoon lime zest grated
- 1 tablespoon lime juice freshly squeezed
- 3/4 teaspoon Knorr chicken bouillon
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 3 tablespoons Hellmann's® Real Mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon chile ancho powder
- 6 ears corn
- 1/4 cup cotija cheese or parmesan cheese, finely grated
If you're looking for quick, easy and budget-friendly foods that the whole family will love, it doesn't get any easier than this recipe for Mexican-style elotes! A handful of easy-to-find ingredients and 10 minutes on the grill are you need to serve up a Mexican street food classic. Plus, you'll find many of the ingredients, like Hellmann's® Real Mayonnaise and Knorr® Chicken Bouillon, at Walmart. (Save even more time with Walmart’s Grocery Pick-Up, and get the freshest ingredients delivered curb-side!)
If you've never had Mexican elotes, it isn't your typical corn on the cob. The addition of chile, Mexican cheese and lime gives it much more flavor than your basic butter and salt topping (although there's nothing wrong with that version!). And they're fun to eat!
Make this easy recipe as part of a filling, balanced meal that you can serve to your family on a busy weeknight.