Pasta and Jalapeño Popper Chicken Casserole
- 8 ounces fussilli pasta cooked as directed in the package
- 2 cups chorizo cooked until brown and crispy
- 2½ cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese shredded
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 3 jalapeños
Turn your traditional pasta dish into a party of flavors. This jalapeño popper chicken casserole is a perfect dish to share with family, and it is very easy to whip up.
- Bring a large pot with water to boil and cook pasta as directed; once ready, drain and set aside.
- Bring a large nonstick pan to medium heat, add butter and cook chorizo, until browned and crispy, around 6 minutes. Once ready take out of the pan and reserve.
- Add onion and garlic to the chorizo grease and cook until soft and a slight color change. Sprinkle flour, stir and cook one more minute.
- Whisk in chicken broth and milk, add cream cheese and stir until melted, add jalapeños and chicken with chorizo.