GuacamoleBy: Hispanic Kitchen
52 Gluten Free Easy
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Servings: 4 servings
Did you know that Super Bowl viewers will consume enough guacamole to cover a football field waist-deep in it, according to the California Avocado Commission? Here's our version of this Mexican classic!
This guacamole recipe super simple and fresh. Beware; it’s also addictive! The best part about guacamole is experimenting and making it uniquely yours. Here is our version of this beloved comfort food.
We decided to make this guacamole with a Florida avocado (also known as, or similar to Fuerte, or Slimcado) but feel free to make it with its cousin, the Haas avocado.
- 4 avocados
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons onion powder white onion, minced
- 1 jalapeño minced (optional)
- 1 tomato chopped
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 - 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Cut the avocados in half, and twist to remove the pit. Scoop out the pulp. Place in a medium-size bowl and mash the avocado with a fork so that the mixture is a bit chunky.
- Add the tomato, onion, garlic powder, and salt.
- Sprinkle the lime juice over all the ingredients and give everything a good stir, but don’t overdo it.
- Serve with tortilla chips.