Photo by Santiago Gomez de la Fuente
Easy Toasted Habanero SauceBy: Santiago Gomez de la Fuente
54 Gluten Free Easy
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Servings: 3 cups
Indispensable to any kitchen or cook who loves adding a spicy kick to a meal, this habanero sauce livens up any dish (beef, poultry or fish) and it works great as a dip.
Habaneros are a variation of chile peppers and a fixture in Mexican cuisine. This easy to make toasted habanero sauce is perfect for almost anything. Whether it be enjoying a bowl of tortilla chips, to giving one of your favorite dishes an added spicy kick, it's hard not to see the taste benefits of habanero sauce.
- 5 green tomatillos
- 3 habanero peppers
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 white onion
- 3 tablespoons lime juice freshly squeezed
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sea salt or to taste
More like this
- Bring a large skillet to medium heat. Pour in olive oil and fry tomatoes, habaneros, garlic, onion and salt until they turn brown/black in color (almost charred).
- Transfer all ingredients with the remaining liquid to the food processor, add lime juice and blend until a light puree.
- Let cool and store in a jar, refrigerate.