Chipotle Chicken Noodle Soup (Sopa de Fideo)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 8 oz angel hair noodles cut or broken into 1-inch pieces
- 4 tomatoes sliced
- ½ red onion
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 5 cups chicken broth
- salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 2 teaspoon canned chipotle chile or more to taste
Chicken noodle soup just screams "comfort food," doesn't it? Well, in Mexico, sopa de fideo is one of our go-to comfort foods. It's a very simple soup to make, but full of flavor and aroma. It's one of those heart- and soul-warming dishes that instantly reminds me of home. For this recipe I added a bit of cumin and canned chipotle to give the soup some extra flavor.
On a cold winter day, it doesn't get much better than this!
- Heat oil in a soup pot over medium heat. Cook noodles for about 3-4 minutes, stirring continuously. Noodles should be golden brown.
- Blend tomatoes, onion and garlic with chicken broth. Season with salt and cumin. Transfer blended tomatoes to pot and pour over the noodles. Cover and bring to a boil. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Add shredded chicken and chipotle.
- Cook for 10 more minutes.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro, avocado slices or lime wedges, and enjoy!