Chipotle Avocado Burger with Chile Poblano
- 2 poblano chiles roasted, charred, seeded and deveined
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ cup onions minced
- 1 lime cut into wedges, divided
- 4 hamburger buns or gluten-free buns
- 4 slices lettuce
- 4 slices tomato
- 1 to 3 canned chipotle peppers minced (or more depending on your taste)
- salt and pepper as desired
- 1 Ripe, fresh Hass avocado halved, pitted, peeled, and mashed
These mouthwatering burgers boast a spicy and smoky flavor. The poblano pepper is a large green pepper usually found near the jalapeño peppers in the produce aisle. Once cooked it has a tender, mild flavor but not very spicy. Find the chipotle peppers in adobo sauce in a small can near the Hispanic aisle. If you don’t like hot flavors, just omit the chipotle peppers and give it a try with the poblano pepper.
For a gluten-free dinner, use gluten-free buns.
Note: Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.