Chipá CheeserollsBy: Hispanic Kitchen
51 Gluten Free Easy
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Servings: 15 balls
Cheesy, gluten-free snack. These little cheese balls are fabulous for entertaining.
Attention ALL cheese lovers! If you’re into cheese (we know we are), then you’ve clicked on the right recipe. These Chipá Cheeserolls are a tradition in Paraguay and they’re simply delicious.
This recipe is easy to make and gluten-free! It’s also low-carb. So make a batch, or make three! But fair warning: once you have one, you’ll want to have ten.
- 4 cups yuca flour tapioca
- 7 tablespoons butter melted
- 3 eggs
- 10.5 ounces cheddar cheese grated
- 2 teaspoon salt
- milk as needed
More like this
- Mix the dry ingredients (tapioca flour and salt) in a bowl and make a well in the center.
- Add the melted butter and eggs. Mix well, incorporating all of the dry ingredients into the liquid ingredients.
- Add the cheese and then gradually add milk as needed, until the dough is soft and pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
- Let the dough rest in the refrigerator for 20 minutes. Form the dough into balls about 1.5 inches in diameter. Bake at 450º F for 15 to 20 minutes.
Don’t open the oven during the first 12 minutes of baking.