Cayenne Chocolate Cake With Chocolate Drizzle
- For the Loaf/Cake
- 3 large eggs room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil or vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup dutch cocoa
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 8 ounces dark bittersweet chocolate chips
- 2 tsps baking powder
- 1/2 - 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- For the Chocolate Glaze
- 2 1/2 tbsps butter
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- 2 tbsps Boiling water
If you haven't tried cayenne pepper and chocolate together, I promise that this is the best way to get your first taste! I first tried that combination as a hot chocolate and was instantly in love. I made this chocolate cake recipe on a whim yesterday, and OMG it was absolutely amazing. It actually turned out better than any other cake or loaf I've ever made!
I have no choice but to use the word moist for this, as that is literally the only way to describe this chili chocolate cake. You could also call it a loaf, because it's made in a loaf pan but tastes like a cake. This recipe also makes for amazing cupcakes; just add a thicker frosting and you've got the perfect spicy cupcake.
If you bake for Christmas, this is a must-have for any gathering. Enjoy!
A few other recipes for the sweet-lovers out there: