- 2 green plantains
- 3 cups canola oil for frying
- 3 cloves garlic mashed
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp onions diced
- 2 tbsp green bell pepper diced
- 2 tbsp tomatoes diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp tomato puree
- 2 tbsp shrimp stock or fish fumet
- 12 jumbo shrimp shelled and deveined
- 1/2 leaf fresh culantro minced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
Puerto Rico’s staple dish, mofongo, consists of a mound of fried mashed plantain. This is served with protein on the side or as a filling; this recipe features shrimp in a tasty tomato sauce. Pair with rice and beans.
Celebrate the flavors of Puerto Rico at Sedano's, where you can find all the ingredients for your next mofongo.