Avocado Cups Stuffed With Chipotle Chicken Salad
- 4 avocados (Hass or West Indian)
- 1 green onion
- 1 whole garlic clove
- 1 red potato cooked, peeled and diced
- 1/3 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 2 teaspoons parsley chopped
- 1 teaspoon red onion finely chopped
- 1/4 green apple peeled and seeded, cut into small squares
- Juice of ½ lime
- 1 teaspoon red pepper finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
This simple appetizer or light lunch is a creative and tasty twist on your classic chicken salad. The creamy avocado cups not only provide a pretty presentation, but also help balance the heat of the chipotle. Plus, the added protein doesn't hurt!
It's also a great dish to serve at a party or to take to a potluck. It looks gourmet and tastes even better! The only trick is to make sure the avocado cups are eaten quickly. You know how avocados get when they've been left out in the open too long. Nobody wants to see their beautiful appetizer or hors d'oeuvres looking all brown and purplish!
And if you're looking for other tasty avocado-inspired small dishes that will wow your guests, check out this gorgeous avocado gazpacho and, if you really want to get creative, this avocado panna cotta!