Avocado-Stuffed Chicken Breast Rolls
- 2 ripe, fresh Hass avocados pitted, peeled, sliced, and slices halved
- 4 chicken breast halves pounded flat
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes quartered and seeded
- 1/2 cup finely chopped white onion
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- salt to taste
- 1 garlic clove chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
This baked chicken dish is served with a delicious avocado blend inside for a tasty lunch or dinner entrée.
Find more great avocado recipes at Fresh Avocados - Love One Today.
- Place the chicken breasts on a flat working surface.
- Mix avocados, tomatoes, onion, basil, lime juice, lime zest, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Reserve half of the mixture.
- Divide the remaining half onto the chicken breasts.
- Roll up the breasts, tucking in ends.
- Place in a lightly oiled baking dish.
- Rub with the garlic, 1/4 teaspoon salt and the pepper.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F for about 30 minutes, and until chicken internal temperature is 165°F.
- Remove from oven.
- Cut each breast in half. Place on a platter with the reserved avocado mixture.
- Garnish with fresh basil, lime slices, small tomatoes and avocado slices (or any of these in different combinations).