Avocado, Shrimp, Spinach and Mango Salad
- 1 lb shrimp use medium shrimp, deveined, peeled and cooked
- 2 hass avocados halved, pitted, peeled, sliced, and divided
- 1/4 cup salsa verde homemade or store-bought
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons lime juice freshly squeezed
- 1 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper ground
- 1 medium cucumber peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 mango peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 medium sweet pepper seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1 10-ounce bag baby spinach leaves
A rich avocado dressing tops this salad of fresh spinach, mangos and shrimp, perfect for a party or a simple family summer supper.
- Place half of one avocado, water, salsa verde, lime juice and honey in a blender.
- With the blender on puree, blend until smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine the shrimp, cucumber, mango, red pepper and cilantro.
- Divide the spinach and remaining avocado onto six plates, top with shrimp mixture, and drizzle with dressing.