Photo by Fresh Avocados - Love One Today
Avocado Mango Rice SaladBy: Fresh Avocados - Love One Today
Servings: 4 servings
This rice salad has a perfect blend of sweet and savory and makes for easy entertaining or packed as a satisfying lunch.
Find more great avocado recipes at Fresh Avocados - Love One Today.
- 1 hass avocado ripe, fresh, halved, seeded, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups brown rice cooked
- 1 15-ounce can black beans drained
- 1 mango ripe, peeled and cubed
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 2 scallions thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice freshly squeezed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cilantro freshly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl combine rice, beans, mango, bell pepper, scallions, lime juice, oil, cilantro, salt and pepper.
- Add avocado; toss gently.
This dish can be served with white rice instead of brown, or over mixed greens.
Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.