The sponsored partnership between Hispanic Kitchen and Buchanan’s
is back – and this time, we’re all about Fútbol Mexicano!
Chef Eddie Garza
spent another fun day in the FOX Deportes studio with host Giselle Zarur to celebrate Food & Fandom. In honor of all the fútbol fanáticos, Chef Garza created a sweet & spicy cocktail with Buchanan’s 12-Year Scotch Whisky called “The 12th Player,” and he paired it with some delicious Setas Tacos Al Pastor. We can’t think of anything better than watching fútbol mexicano with friends and family, while eating tacos al pastor and drinking a peach & jalapeño cocktail.
Read below to get the recipes for this cocktail and tacos pairing, so you can gather 11 of your favorite people on match day and hook them up with “The 12th Player”!
THE 12TH PLAYER
- 1.5 oz Buchanan’s 12 Year Deluxe Blended Scotch Whisky
- 2 jalapeño slices with seeds
- 1 oz fresh lime juice
- ½ oz agave nectar
- 1 oz orange liquor
- 1 ½ oz peach purée
- Pinch of chipotle powder
- Pinch of black salt
- 2 oz seltzer water
- Tajín to dress glass
- Jalapeño zest (garnish)
- Lime wedge (garnish)
- In a shaker, muddle jalapeño with lime juice.
- Add Buchanan’s, agave nectar, orange liquor, peach purée, chipotle powder, and black salt.
- Shake dry (no ice) for 30 seconds. Add ice and shake for 15 more seconds.
- Dress the rim of a rock glass with Tajín and strain cocktail into glass.
- Add seltzer and garnish with jalapeño zest and a lime wedge.
SETAS TACOS AL PASTOR
FOR THE MARINADE:
- 2 cups fresh pineapple, peeled and diced
- 4 chipotle chilies in adobo, plus 3 tablespoons of adobo sauce from the can
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 3 cloves garlic
- ½ cup white or yellow onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon achiote paste or powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon salt
FOR THE TACOS:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 pounds oyster mushrooms, removed from clusters
- 8 to 10 corn tortillas
- 1 ½ cups diced fresh pineapple
- 1 small white or yellow onion, diced
- ½ bunch cilantro, chopped
To make the marinade
Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend for about 3 minutes. It can still have some pieces of pineapple that are not completely smooth. Pour over the mushrooms and marinate for at least 20 minutes. Discard the remaining marinade.
To make the tacos
Heat the oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat. Sauté the marinated mushrooms for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. The mixture will have a deep red color and will be quite spicy. Cook the mushrooms until they brown well, adjusting the heat as needed. Remove the mushrooms from the heat and serve on warm corn tortillas with fresh pineapple, onion, and cilantro.