Are you on a plant-based diet or are you carrying a plant-based lifestyle? If so, you understand the importance of getting all your nutrients and vitamins. Of course, you can take your daily multivitamin, but you need to do more than that.
And, yes, it can get confusing at first. But, there’s no need to wonder how to incorporate some of these supplements in your life if you add cold-pressed juicing into your daily routine.
Cold-pressed juices allow you to get 100 percent of the fruits’ and vegetables’ nutrients as it is devoid of the heat that is often found in pasteurization.
If you’re on the fence about trying these juices out, we’ve got you. The benefits of cold-pressed juices are enough to make this beverage your go-to from now on, which is why we are giving you three recipes that are not only great for you, they will also help fuel your body. These following have been concocted by true experts, so fear not.
Ready to try them?
- 1 Large Golden Beet
- 1 Large Carrot or 2 Medium
- 3 Large Tangerines or 6 Cuties
- Juice only of 1/2 Lemon
Run all ingredients through a juicer. Optional: juice lemon using a citrus juicer, before adding to finished juice to omit bitter membranes. The juice tastes better if chilled; stick it in the freezer while you clean your juicer.
- 2 large handfuls of spinach
- 1/2 a cucumber
- 1 medium-sized apple
- 1 thumb-sized piece of ginger
- 1/2 lime squeezed into the juice jug (don’t put it through the juicer as it will leave a sour taste)
- Wash and pre-chop your fruit and veg (saves time when juicing)
- Put produce through the juicer in order
- Put 1 ingredient into the juicer at a time and allow it to juice. Don’t overload the juicer with all the ingredients as slow juicers are prone to clogging.
COLD PRESSED CARROT JUICE
- 5 carrots
- 1 apple
- 2 oranges
- 2 sprigs mint
- Wash and prepare all ingredients cutting into smaller pieces if needed.
- Feed the ingredients through the juicer catching the juice.
- Wash and prepare all ingredients cutting into chunks to fit into the blender.
- Place all ingredients in the blender and blend well on high.
- Position a muslin cloth or nut milk bag over a container to collect the juice.
- Pour blender contents into the cloth or bat and squeeze to get as much juice out as possible catching it in the container.
Feel free to adjust the amounts used to your taste.