1 cup sugar
½ cup canola oil
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
¾ cup flour
¾ cup cocoa powder
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
¼ – ½ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper (depends on how spicy you want them!)
¼ teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or Silpat.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together sugar and canola oil until fully combined and then whisk in eggs and vanilla extract.
3. In a separate bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients and mix until evenly combined.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until combined. Add the chocolate chips. Do not over mix!
5. Scoop cookies onto lined cookie sheet, about 1-2 in apart from one another. Flatten cookies with the back of a spoon or your hand. Refrigerate for 10 to 15 minutes. Bake 10-12 minutes or until the edges are set.