Just in time for summer cookout season, Chipotle Cheeseburgers are here to give you something new to serve for summer. All you do is mix a little chipotle enchilada sauce into the meat mixture, then baste with more sauce while cooking and plop a dollop on top when serving.
Yields 4 servings
16 ounces lean ground beef or turkey
1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper
1 16 oz. jar of chipotle enchilada sauce,
4 slices Monterrey Jack or mild cheddar cheese
4 hamburger buns
Tomato slices and lettuce
1. Preheat the charcoal or gas grill.
2. Place the hamburger or turkey in a mixing bowl. Add salt and pepper and 1/3 jar of chipotle enchilada sauce. Blend well.
3. Form into 1/4 pound patties and cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Pour 1/3 jar of sauce into a small bowl and baste the burgers with it while cooking.
4. Add the cheese slices, cover and cook until the cheese is melted.
5. Warm the remaining chipotle sauce. Toast the buns and place the lettuce and tomato on the bottom slice of the bun.
6. Place the hot chipotle cheeseburgers on the buns and spoon a dollop of sauce on top and serve.
Get more recipes at Larry’s Website.