Slow Cooker Beef Mole is one of the most delicious recipes I have developed in a long time. I mixed the stewing beef with Larry’s Mole Sauce, set the slow cooker and went out. When I returned the house was filled with the most heady aroma of chocolate, chiles and beef. And the taste was just as nice. In this case I made a side order of yellow zucchini squash and white rice.
Another plus for the recipe is that you can make beef mole tacos with any leftovers. But if you want leftovers, you might want to double the recipe.
Yields 4 servings
2 pounds stewing beef, cut into one inch cubes
1/2 teaspoon each salt and black pepper
1 16 oz jar of Larry’s Mole Sauce
1 cup white of brown rice
Water to cover by one inch
1 teaspoon vegetable cooking oil
2 cups chopped yellow zucchini squash
- Season the beef with the salt and pepper. Place it in the slow cooker.
- Pour one jar of Larry’s Mole Sauce over the beef and stir to blend.
- Cover the slow cooker and set it to cook for 6 or more hours.
- Make the rice according to package instructions.
- Saute the squash in the oil over medium heat until just cooked.
- Spoon the beef mole, the rice and squash onto plates and serve.
More of Larry’s recipes are available at his Website.
Buy Larry’s Southwestern Sauces ONLINE at amazon.com or abesmarket.com