Photo by Marisa Zanganeh
Yields 4 servings
4 fish fillets (choose a firm-flesh fish)
5 tomatillos, husks removed
1 small white onion, cut into quarters
3 garlic cloves, peeled
3 scallions, cut in three
½ cup fresh cilantro
½ cup fresh parsley
3 jalapeño peppers, without seeds or veins, cut into halves
1 serrano chile, without seeds or veins, cut into halves
Juice of 1 lime
1 tablespoon olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1 lime, cut into thin slices, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 325ºF.
2. In a wide frying pan, brown the tomatillos, onion and garlic cloves at high heat for 3–4 minutes, stirring constantly.
3. Place ingredients in a blender; add the scallions, cilantro, parsley, jalapeño pepper, serrano chile, lime juice and olive oil. Add salt and pepper to taste.
4. Place fish fillets in shallow ovenproof pan and add sauce. Refrigerate for approximately 15 minutes.
5. Remove pan from refrigerator and let rest at room temperature for 15 minutes. Place in the oven and bake for 12–15 minutes.
6. Garnish with lime slices before serving.
To learn more about me or my recipes, visit me at DenisseOller.com and at AARP, where I am a chef and nutrition expert.