Yields 2 portions
2 grouper filets
Salt and pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
¼ cup pumpkin seeds
½ cup green bell pepper, seeded and deveined
½ cup cilantro, no stems
½ jalapeño, seeded and deveined
½ cup parsley, no stems
½ teaspoon fresh thyme
3 garlic cloves
¼ cup fish broth
Pinch of salt
1. In a medium pot with room-temperature water, add tomatillos and boil for 1 minute. Remove tomatillos and place in blender.
2. In a medium pan, add pumpkin seeds and toast at medium-low temperature for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan and place in blender.
3. Add remaining ingredients to blender. Blend well.
4. Pour sauce into pan and cook a medium heat for 1 minute.
5. Dry fish filets with a paper towel; salt and pepper to taste.
6. In a large pan, add olive oil and heat on medium-high.
7. Place filets in pan and let them brown, 3-4 minutes per side. Cover with salsa and serve.
To learn more about me or my recipes, visit me at DenisseOller.com and at AARP, where I am a chef and nutrition expert.