Yields 6 Servings
2 cups masa harina
1½ cups warm water
1. Place masa harina and water in a large bowl. Mix with your hands until a soft dough is formed. Add a little more water if the dough is dry or cracks. Add a little more masa harina if the dough is sticky.
2. Knead dough about 3 minutes. Form 12 balls of equal size. As you form each ball, cover with plastic wrap to keep it moist.
3. Place one ball between 2 baggies or 2 sheets of plastic wrap. Using a tortilla press, flatten the ball to form a 6-inch circle or use a rolling pin to roll out the circle.
4. Repeat step 3, reusing the 2 baggies or 2 sheets of plastic wrap, until 12 tortillas are formed. As you press each tortilla, cover with plastic wrap to keep it moist.
5. Heat a griddle or heavy pan over medium heat until hot. Cook each tortilla 30 seconds on one side. Turn over and cook 1 minute. Turn over again and cook 30 seconds longer.
6. Place cooked tortillas on a plate or in a basket and cover.
Save this recipe to your HK profile by clicking on the Favorite button below!