Makes 20 servings
1 sheet puff pastry
1 package guava paste, melted
1 egg, lightly beaten
Sifted powdered sugar, for dusting
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Pour a little bit of water in the mold.
3. Cut the dough into 2×2-inch or 3×3-inch squares, and place them on the lined baking sheet. Brush the dough with beaten egg.
4. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until golden brown.
5. Remove from the oven to cool. Carefully open each pastelito and fill with the melted guava paste (use a pastry bag if you wish).
6. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Recipe and photo courtesy of our friend Cielito Rosado