A tasty and easy dessert for the fall and winter.
4 ounces graham crackers
2 ounces walnuts
2 tablespoons butter, softened
12 ounces low-fat cream cheese, softened
1½ cups pumpkin purée
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
¾ cup sugar
¼ teaspoon cinnamon powder
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
¼ teaspoon salt
Grated rind of 1 orange
Preheat oven to 350ºF.
1. In a food processor, grind graham crackers and walnuts completely.
2. Add butter and mix well, until mixture is moist and uniform.
3. Press mixture to bottom and sides of an 11-inch round springform pan, compacting with your fingers. Bake for 10 minutes, until golden brown. Remove from oven.
4. In a food processor, mix cream cheese, pumpkin, vanilla extract and sugar. Mix well. Add eggs one by one until completely combined. Add cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and orange rind. Mix lightly.
5. Cover bottom and sides of baking pan with double sheet of aluminum foil; add cream cheese mixture. Place pan in a larger ovenproof pan half-filled with water. Bake for 55 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and cool at room temperature. Discard aluminum foil and refrigerate until firm, overnight or for approximately 4 hours.
To learn more about me or my recipes, visit me at DenisseOller.com and at AARP, where I am a chef and nutrition expert.
Cheesecake coconut cookies dessert Dulce de Leche Maria pumpkin