This recipe is perfect for parties and for snacking when you have friends over. Recipe courtesy of Cielito Rosado (www.cielitorosado.com). Used with permission.
1½ lb. ground beef
½ lb. chunk ham, ground
1½ tsps. salt
¾ cup cracker meal (“galleta en polvo”)
¼ tsp. nutmeg
¼ cup stuffed olives, finely chopped
¼ cup pimiento pepper, finely chopped
1. Mix the beef and ham in a bowl. Add cracker meal and blend until a uniform paste.
2. In jar, mix the eggs, salt, and nutmeg and shake until blended.
3. Add the eggs to the blended meat and blend the egg a until uniform paste.
4. Add the olives and pimiento pepper and again blend until uniform. Divide the mixture into two equal parts and mold into two rolls. Wrap each in greasened aluminum foil. Roll them and pinch the ends closed.
5. Add salt and water to a large pot. Immerse the rolls and cook for 40 minutos.
6. After removing, let cool and cut into rounds. Serve with the sauce of your choice.