1 bottle (24 ounces) of robust red wine
Juice of 1 orange
Juice of 1 lemon
Juice of 1 lime
1/3 cup sugar
1 apple, cut into wedges
1 lemon, cut into thin slices
1 lime, cut into thin slices
4 ounces orange liqueur
Ginger ale or club soda to taste
1. Combine the wine, orange liqueur, citrus juices, sugar and fruit in a pitcher.
2. Stir well and allow to sit.
3. Before serving, add the ginger ale or club soda.
4. Serve with ice.
Fresh Sangria (alcohol-free)
Apple juice, enough to fill 2 ice cube trays
1 bottle (32 ounces) white grape juice
¼ cup sugar (optional)
2 peaches, cut into slices
1 cup watermelon, cut into small squares
1 green mango, cut into small cubes
3 cups sparkling apple cider
Mint leaves for garnish
1. Fill 2 ice cube trays with the apple juice and freeze.
2. Mix the grape juice, sugar and fruit in a large pitcher and allow to sit for 2 hours.
3. When ready to serve, add the cider and the ice cubes; garnish with mint leaves.
To learn more about me or my recipes, visit me at DenisseOller.com and at AARP, where I am a chef and nutrition expert.