Who doesn’t love cheese? The grilled cheese sandwich is comfort food for any age. Combine your favorite cheese between two slices of bread and you’ve got a match made in cheesy heaven! Grilled cheese has long been the favorite in school lunch and during the winter months, paired with a nice bowl of soup and you’ve got yourself an easy, enjoyable quick dinner. The best thing about the grilled cheese is how versatile you can get with it. Here is an example of one of my spruced up favorite foods of all time!
Ingredients for oil dressing:
Cilantro – small bunch; clean and remove stems
3 garlic cloves, peeled
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Ingredients for grilled cheese:
4 slices of whole wheat Italian bread
1 large yellow or red bell pepper, diced and grilled
4-6 slices of pepper jack cheese
1. Begin by making your cilantro & garlic oil; combine first 3 ingredients in a blender or mini-chopper; and puree. Pour in a small bowl, mix in a pinch of salt and set aside.
2. Heat a nonstick pan, stovetop grill or Panini maker.
3. Using a basting brush, brush on some of the cilantro garlic oil on one side of the bread.
4. Add 2-3 half slices of cheese onto the seasoned side; top with two slices of your roasted peppers and finish by topping with a few extra half slices of the pepper jack cheese.
5. Add your second slice of bread and then brush the oil mixture on top, then place on your hot pan; oil side down.
6. Cook until brown and crisp; cut in half and serve warm.
Save this recipe to your HK profile by clicking on the Favorite button below!