Recipe by Puerto Rican chef and HK friend Cielito Rosado.
Prep. 10 Mins. Cooking: 15-18 Mins.
Yields 4 Servings
2 lbs. fish fillets of a white-fleshed fish, seasoned prior to cooking
¼ cup olive oil
1 medium onion, cut in strips
1 red bell pepper, cut in strips
1 green bell pepper, cut in strips
½ cup fresh tomatoes cut in slices or chunks
1 cup tomato sauce
¼ cup stuffed olives, sliced
¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped finely
½ cup white wine
1 bay leaf
Salt to taste
Crushed fresh garlic (to taste)
1. Season the fish beforehand.
2. In a pan, heat olive oil and add the peppers, garlic, onion, tomatoes, and olives and cook 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Add the tomato sauce, wine and bay leaf and fish fillets.
4. Cook on medium heat for 8-10 minutes. Check for doneness (depends on thickness of fillet). Flip the fish and cook a few more minutes. Do not overcook.
6. Garnish with fresh cilantro and serve.
Other recipes by Cielito Rosado:
Asopao de Camarones
Salmon and Mango Ceviche
Torrejitas de Bacalao
Empanadillitas de Bacalao