If you plan to watch the World Cup final, you might want to have these chicken rolls around. Enjoy!
Yields 3 servings
3 chicken breasts, seasoned to taste
3 slices Swiss cheese
3 slices ham
1 red pimiento pepper, cut in strips
1 ripe plantain cut into strips and fried
6 slices bacon
1. Flatten with a mallet the chicken breasts and season to taste.
2. On a chicken breast, place a slice of ham, a slice of cheese, a strip of pimiento pepper, and a strip of fried ripe plantain.
3. Roll it up and cover with bacon. Repeat procedure with each chicken breast.
4. Heat over to 350 F. Place the rolls on a baking sheet. Bake for 35-40 minutes.
5. Remove breasts, allow to rest and slice into wheels. Arrange on a large dish.
Tip: You can also use other fillings, such as lobster, shrimp, mofongo, etc.
Recipe and photo courtesy of CielitoRosado.com
Other appetizer recipes you might enjoy:
Artichokes with Garlic Dip
Muffin Tin Tacos
Grilled Shrimp Tex-Mex Tapas with Guajillo Sauce
Tortilla Española – Spanish Omelet