I wanted to share with you this spinach pie recipe from Cielito Rosado. It’s a perfect dish for summer, very portable, easy to eat and great for the park, beach, or mountain.
On behalf of Cielito, enjoy!
Yields 8 servings
1 pie crust
2 tablespoons margarine
16 oz. freshly boiled spinach
½ cup finely chopped onion (optional)
1 teaspoon mashed garlic (optional)
¼ cup fried bacon bits (optional)
2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
¼ cup finely chopped cilantro
2 cups light cream
4 eggs or subtitutes
½ teaspoon of salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat oven to 375ºF. In a 9-inch baking pan, place the pie crust. Shape and cut as necessary.
2. In a frying pan, put the margarine, onion and garlic, and sautee.
3. Add the spinach and cilantro until tender and add the bacon.
4. Put the mozzarella and parmesan cheese over the pie crust. Add the mixture of spinach and onions.
5. In a bowl or large jar, mix the light cream with the eggs, salt and pour over the spinach.
6. Bake 30 to 35 minutes.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Cielito Rosado
Fried Plantain Salad
Plátanos Rellenos (Stuffed Plantains)
Cooking with Plantains
Piñón of Ripe Plantains and Turkey
Save this recipe to your HK profile by clicking on the Favorite button below!