White Bean Chili
- 1 ripe fresh avocado pitted, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup onion diced
- 1 rib celery diced, about ½ cup
- 1-2 jalapeño peppers seeded, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cans (15 ounce) cannellini beans drained
- 3 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
This Love One Today® fresh avocado recipe is another way to make the American Heart Association’s® recommendations part of your healthy lifestyle.
This hearty chili blends the right amount of spice with the creaminess of fresh avocado for a comforting meal. Heart-Checked certification does not apply to all recipes or information unless expressly stated. American Heart Association and Healthy For Good are trademarks of the AHA.
Recipe courtesy of Fresh Avocados – Love One Today®
Note: Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados, adjust the quantity accordingly.