Tuna Serrano Poke Bowl
- 3 cups brown rice
- 30 oz. tuna fresh, diced into cubes
- 3 avocados
- 5 lemons juiced
- 2 cucumbers diced, seeded and peeled
- 1 cup soy sauce low in sodium
- 3/4 cup sesame oil
- 3/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup scallions finely chopped
- 1 serrano chile remove veins and seeds if you do not like it too spicy
- sea salt a pinch
- black pepper freshly ground
- black sesame seeds toasted (or white)
Poke Bowls are definitely in the lime light today. What is a poke bowl, you ask? It's a Hawaiian raw fish rice bowl and it is absolutely delicious. I, of course, immediately gave this awesome food trend a Mexican twist and created the tuna serrano poke bowl.
A lot of people get scared of prepared raw fish at home, and I'm here to tell you that the secret to successfully doing it is to find the best-quality tuna. Make sure to buy "sushi grade" tuna and ask for help if you are feeling insecure about it. Better to be safe than sorry.
If you are still not too convinced, remember, you can also use cooked tuna or salmon.