- 1/2 cup butter unsalted
- 1 cup white sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk 14 ounce
- 1 can evaporated milk 12 fluid ounce
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream heavy
Tres leches is a delicious dessert prepared in many countries across Latin America. It means “three milks” because the recipe calls for a sponge cake (in most cases) to be soaked in three different types of dairy: evaporated, condensed and regular whole milk.
Find all three milks, and everything else you need for this recipe, at Sedano's.