Sweet Potato, Black Bean and Chorizo Quesadillas
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 medium sweet potatoes peeled and diced
- 8 ounces Mexican chorizo casings removed
- 1/2 medium white onion finely chopped
- 2-3 CHIPOTLE PEPPERS IN ADOBO finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1½ cups cooked black beans drained
- 8-10 flour tortillas
- 2¼ cups manchego or mild cheddar cheese shredded
- fresh cilantro finely chopped
- pico de Gallo
Golden fried sweet potato, tender black beans, and spicy Mexican chorizo is a flavor-packed combination perfect for tacos, enchiladas or quesadillas. These golden quesadillas with melted manchego cheese and smoky chipotle peppers in adobo sauce are topped with chopped cilantro and fresh pico de gallo for a delicious, colorful meal that you can have ready on the table in about 30 minutes. Chipotle peppers in adobo pack quite a bit of heat. If chipotle peppers are too spicy, try adding just 2 to 3 tablespoons of the adobo sauce.
Feel free to use soy chorizo in this recipe for a vegetarian-friendly meal.