Sincronizadas de Jamón (Ham Quesadillas)
- For the Pico de Gallo
- 4 large Roma tomatoes diced
- 2 serrano peppers minced
- 1/2 medium white onion diced
- 2-3 tablespoons cilantro chopped fine
- Juice of 1 lime
- salt and pepper to taste
- For the Sincronizadas
- olive or grapeseed oil for brushing tortillas
- 8 flour tortillas 6 inches in diameter
- 1 1/4 cups Chihuahua or Jack cheese shredded
- 1 1/4 cups Oaxaca or mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 1/3 cups finely diced ham previously baked
Anytime you need a quick snack or meal for your family, sincronizadas de jamón (ham quesadiilas) are always a big hit. Pair them with a fresh pico de gallo salsa or guacamole any night of the week. Sincronizadas de jamón are prepared with two flour tortillas perfectly matched, a lot of good melting cheese and smoky ham. My favorite varieties of Mexican cheese, for melting, would be Chihuahua and Oaxaca cheese. This would be the perfect recipe to prepare with any leftover baked ham. And if you have never enjoyed a sincronizada with homemade flour tortillas, it is a must!
Cook your quesadillas or sincronizadas at a lower temperature. If the heat source is too high, the tortillas will burn before the cheese has a chance to melt inside. If you cover the sincronizadas with a lid from a pan while they cook, the steam created will help the cheese melt faster.