Shredded Pork Crunchwrap (Stuffed Quesadilla)
- 1 12-inch flour tortilla for burritos
- 1 cup shredded pork, beef or chicken previously cooked
- 1-2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 3/4-1 cup colby jack cheese shredded
- 1 jalapeño, pickled or fresh sliced into thin rings
- 1 5-inch corn tostada
- 2 tablespoons sour cream or Mexican crema plus more for garnish
- 1/4 cup chunky salsa homemade or store-bought, plus more for garnish
- 1 5-6 inch flour tortilla
- 1-2 tablespoons oil
What is a crunchwrap? A crunchwrap is a stuffed quesadilla! And when I stay stuffed, I mean it's loaded with delicious ingredients. This recipe is inspired by that popular chain restaurant with the big bell logo (you know the one). After preparing countless traditional Mexican quesadillas and sincronizadas, it's just fun to try something different. Your friends and family will not be disappointed when you present them with this tasty, cheesy and crunchy stuffed quesadilla. For me, the star ingredient, besides the cheese, is that crunchy corn tostada in the center. I don't know about you, but I love the different textures when enjoying my favorite foods. Grab your tortillas and try some different fillings today!
When preparing your crunchwrap, choose ingredients that don't have a lot of liquid or broth. For example, a chunky salsa with a thick sauce or meat with a little broth works best. Make it with roasted veggies and serve it at room temperature!