Savory Turkey Torta with Spicy Avocado Salsa
- 2 ripe, fresh Hass avocados seeded, peeled and sliced
- 1½ tablespoon canned salsa verde
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 12 ounce oven roasted turkey breast sliced
- ½ cup pickled red onions
- 8 leaves lettuce
- 12 slices tomato
- 2 tablespoons crumbled cotija cheese
- 4 telera Mexican-style soft sandwich rolls
Leftovers never looked so good with this easy Latino-inspired recipe featuring avocado and traditional Mexican sandwich rolls.
Fresh Avocados – Love One Today® is proud to support the American Heart Association’s Healthy For Good Movement®.
Heart-Checked certification does not apply to all recipes or information unless expressly stated. American Heart Association and Healthy For Good are trademarks of the AHA.
Recipe courtesy of Fresh Avocados – Love One Today®
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. *A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados, adjust the quantity accordingly.