Roasted Tomato Salsa
- 2 pounds cherry tomatoes halved
- 6 cloves garlic unpeeled
- 1 cup fresh cilantro roughly chopped
- 1 large white onion cut into quarters
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 pinch salt to taste
- 1 pinch black ground pepper to taste
- 2 large jalapeños stemmed and cut in half
- 1 large red pepper seeded and sliced into strips
This roasted tomato salsa is possibly my favorite dip! The flavors are smoky and rich; when I serve them with fresh tortilla chips and extra jalapeños, I am pretty much set for dinner .
When we have family BBQs, this roasted tomato salsa is always requested and served as a topping for the burgers and grilled eggplant . And at the end of the day it's always gone; I've yet to have any leftovers!
This roasted salsa can also be made with cherry tomatoes if you have the patience. I had a cherry tomato overflow from my garden and used them for this recipe, and it turned out amazing.
You can also use Roma tomatoes instead of cherry tomatoes.