Quesitos/Pastelitos de Queso (Cream Cheese Pastries)
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 1 (8-oz.) package cream cheese
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- ½ cup apricot glaze or sifted powdered sugar, for dusting
These cream cheese pastries are a delicious snack to have with an afternoon coffee or as part of your breakfast.
Recipe courtesy of Cielito Rosado. Used with permission.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the dough into 3×3-inch squares or 2×3-inch rectangles. Place a cube of cream cheese and a teaspoon of sugar in the center of each piece of dough.
- Brush beaten egg on the corners of the dough. Roll up each pastry on the diagonal.
- Place the pastries on the lined baking sheet, and brush with beaten egg.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Brush with apricot glaze or dust with powdered sugar.