Potato Skin Nachos
- 4 small Russet potatoes washed (1 pound total)
- olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6-8 ounces colby jack cheese shredded
- 1 15-ounce can black beans drained
- 8-10 strips thin sliced bacon chopped and cooked until crispy
- 1/3 cup pickled jalapeño rings
- 1/3 cup red onion finely diced
- 1-2 Roma tomatoes diced
- chopped cilantro to taste
- 1/2 cup Sour cream or Mexican crema
When I think of potato skin nachos, I think of a cool fall day ... a day spent with friends enjoying warm and delicious dishes, such as chili and a big plate of endless nachos! For this recipe of potato skin nachos, I combine my love of potato skins with nachos! With a little help from your microwave, this dish comes together fairly quickly. Need more? Just pick up some extra potatoes and toppings and do a little prepping ahead. Better yet, have your friends and family pitch in and create a new, fun tradition.
In a hurry and can't wait for that bacon to get crispy? Pick up fully cooked bacon available in most grocery stores. Stop by the deli and hot foods section of your market and pick up already cooked potato wedges! There is no excuse now why you cannot enjoy these potato skin nachos tonight! Not sure what to do with the extra potatoes scooped from the inside of potatoes? Saute with a little onion and use as a filling for tacos de papa (potato tacos).