Perfect Gazpacho With All The Trimmings
- 2 pounds tomatoes chopped into quarters
- 2 garlic cloves peeled
- 1 red onion chopped in 4 pieces
- 1 medium sweet green pepper deseeded and roughly chopped
- 1 large cucumber peeled
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinager
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch cumin
- 1 red pepper deseeded and roughly chopped
- 3 2 hard-boiled eggs chopped
- 1/2 red pepper diced
- 1/2 cucumber deseeded and diced
What better way to get into summer than with a yummy, cold gazpacho! You cannot get a healthier meal than this. Served with chopped sides of red peppers, cucumber and egg, it's the perfect light lunch.
I know that there are tons of gazpacho recipes out there but this one is totally my favorite: it is based on authentic Andalusian gazpacho.
One thing that definitely helps is using a really good olive oil; this absolutely makes a difference to the finished product.
There are so many ways to make this gazpacho into your own unique recipe. I always add extra cucumber in mine and a ton of lime. Play around with the recipe until you find your own perfect gazpacho; in the meantime, enjoy this version.
If you prefer a creamier gazpacho, soak a piece of bread in water and squeeze until all water is out, then place it in with the other ingredients during the blending process .