Mini Chorizo Pizzas
- 6 English muffins
- olive oil
- 2 cups Mild tomato salsa (homemade or store bought)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese shredded
- 8 ounces Mexican-style chorizo previously cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons cilantro chopped fine
- 1 avocado diced
Who wouldn't love some mini chorizo pizzas? Adults love them, kids absolutely love them! This easy lunch idea of preparing mini chorizo pizzas has and is still very popular. I remember when I was a kid, my mom would let us pick out different toppings. Besides chorizo, I enjoyed toppings such as ham and pepperoni. We would often enjoy these as a snack after school. If we planned ahead, we would prepare them and back them in our lunch boxes to take to school.
When preparing mini pizzas don't overload the muffin with salsa and toppings. The muffin will get soggy and it may fall apart.