Grilled Chicken Flatbread with Avocado Yogurt and Chopped Salad
- 1 ripe Hass avocado* halved, seeded, peeled and cubed
- 1 1/2 cups peeled seeded, diced cucumber
- 1/4 cup diced sweet onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons plain 2% Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup grape tomatoes halved
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Dill chopped
- 2 grilled chicken cutlets sliced (about 2 oz. each)
- 4 whole wheat pitas or flatbreads
A great way to repurpose leftover chicken breasts, this sandwich makes for easy dinner or packed lunch that is bursting with flavor.
This Love One Today® fresh avocado recipe is another way to make the American Heart Association's® recommendations part of your healthy lifestyle.
Heart-Checked certification does not apply to all recipes or information unless expressly stated. American Heart Association and Healthy For Good are trademarks of the AHA.
Recipe courtesy of Fresh Avocados – Love One Today®
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. *A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados, adjust the quantity accordingly.