Creamy Poblano and Cheese Rice
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 2 poblano chiles seeded, deveined and diced (One for creamy sauce, 1 for rice)
- 1½ cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1½ cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cups long-grain rice
- 1/4 cup scallions finely minced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese grated
Have some leftover rice and don't know what to do with it? Well, this creamy poblano and cheese recipe will surely take your rice game to another level! Who doesn't love eating a creamy and cheesy treat?
- Blend cilantro, 1 poblano, broth and milk until completely puréed and well combined.
- In a medium heavy-based saucepan over medium heat, heat butter.
- When butter is melted, add the rice and sauté, stirring about every 30 seconds, until it just begins to brown; 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add 1 sliced poblano, scallions, garlic and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add the contents of the blender, stir well, turn the heat to high, and bring to a boil. Cover and turn the heat to very low, and cook for 20 minutes.
- Stir the rice carefully to avoid crushing it, add cheese and cover.
- Cook another 5 minutes until cheese melts.
- Take the pan off the heat and let the rice steam in the covered pot for 10 minutes. Serve hot.