Chorizo Jalapeño Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- 1½ cups Oaxaca or mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1½ cups Pepper jack cheese shredded
- 1½ cups white sharp cheddar shredded
- 12 pre-sliced Italian-style bread
- 6 tablespoons Mayonnaise
- 9 ounces pork Mexican chorizo previously cooked
- 1/3 cup pickled jalapeño thinly sliced into strips
What comes to mind when you think of a grilled cheese sandwich? Melted cheese? This chorizo jalapeño grilled cheese sandwich will not disappoint! Grilled cheese is much like a taco or quesadilla. Anything goes when we are talking about fillings for these tasty sandwiches. I am keeping it simple with two of my favorites. Mexican chorizo and jalapeños en escabeche (pickled jalapeños) are perfect together. It was just like enjoying another of my favorites. Keep it simple or add your favorite fillings.
Plan ahead for the best grilled cheese sandwich night. Grill, saute or roast your favorites, like sweet onions, mushrooms, and peppers (both sweet and spicy), to host the most tasty grilled cheese sandwich. Don't forget to include your favorite cooked meats, like carne asada, grilled chicken, chorizo or smoky ham. Thick sliced artisan breads work well for grilled cheese sandwiches.